The Directorate of Public Services (DPS) is one of the important directorates of the University of Dar Es Salaam under the Deputy Vice Chancellor-Research. It comprises the Continuing Education (CE) Unit, the University Consultancy Bureau Unit (UCB) and the Outreach and Marketing Unit.
- Continuing Education
- Outreach and Marketing
- Coordinates and administers all consultancies, continuing education, and outreach and marketing activities at UDSM.
- Facilitate and promotes collaborative public services links with other institutions, industries and donors.
- Facilitates the development of policies on UDSM’s capacity for public services.
- Ensure research findings are disseminated to the community at large.
- Facilitate and encourage researchers to partner with industry so as to communicate applicable research findings.
- Encourage and promote a proactive behaviour to UDSM staff and students in all matters pertaining public services.
- Conduct training needs assessment to various institutions internally and externally.